The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has disclosed that earnings from oil and gas production in June were down by 44.65 per cent, indicating a value reduction of about $226.38 million between May and June 2019.
The Corporation, in its June 2019 monthly financial and operations report stated that in May, the sales value of oil and gas production in Nigeria was $547.61 million. This, however dropped to $321.23 million in June.
It equally explained that within the month under review, its under-recovery – a term it uses in place of subsidy payments for petrol consumption in the country, reduced from N102,338,409,727 in May to N30,637,245,949 in June.
Additionally, it lost N4,730,839,707 to oil theft in June as against N5,657,069,733 lost to same in May, but could not cut down its expenditure on repairs of pipeline in June when it spent N16,812,746,932 as against the N12,430,497,197 spent in May.
“A total export sale of $321.23 million was recorded in June 2019; a decrease of 44.65 per cent compared to the previous month,” said the report.
According to it: “Crude oil export sales contributed $248.22 million (77.27 per cent) of the dollar transactions compared with $458.59 million contribution in the previous month.
“Also, the export gas sales amounted to $73.01 million in the month. The June 2018 to June 2019 crude oil and gas transactions indicated that crude oil and gas worth $5.98 billion was exported,” the corporation said.
- The Chief ExecutiveOfficer (CEO) of Invictus Group, Obinwanne Okeke who was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) over $11 million wire fraud has been indicted by a federal grand jury in the United States. He was… The post Penalties on obinwanne okeke $11 million, diamond ring cases – FBI appeared first on Okfiscal .
- Valeria Gontareva was also injured last month when she was knocked down by a car in London, where she now lives. Ms Gontareva fears she… The post The ex-head of Ukraine’s national bank fears for her life after arson attack. appeared first on Okfiscal .
- The Central Bank of Nigeria on Tuesday said that the nationwide implementation of the cashless policy will begin by March 2020. The apex bank said… The post Charges Should be on Deposit and withdrawal above #500,000 – CBN appeared first on Okfiscal .
- Five candidates who sat for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination are being prosecuted for allegedly altering their scores. They were apprehended between June and… The post Five UTME candidates in hot mess for forging JAMB score appeared first on Okfiscal .
- Saudi Arabia one of the strong hold of OPEC shares fallof at the start of trading Sunday, the recent attack on tqo major oil facilities… The post saudi stock exchange falloff after drone attacks on oil facility appeared first on Okfiscal .