There is no better experience like enjoying banking services from the comfort your home. today I will share indepth article on the benefits of Gtbank internet banking and how to register Gtbank internet banking account easily with your smart phone and laptop and many more important information for Gtbank customers.
Before I continue, I will like to briefly explain what internet banking is and it benefits.
What Is Internet Banking?
Internet Banking is an electronic payment system that enables customers of a financial institution (e.g Bank) to conduct a range of financial transactions through the financial institution website.
Internet banking also know as online banking or e-banking gives you the privilege to perform about 90% safe and secure banking transaction such as manage payments, check your statements, pay utilities bill, pay subscriptions and much more, 24 hours a day without you having to visit your bank branch physical center or office.
Quick Overview On How Internet Banking Works:
- Walk into a nearest branch of your bank and request for internet banking form and fill it carefully.
- Receive internet banking login details on the phone number associated with your bank account or email address.
- Navigate to the bank’s website and login with your user id and password.
- Have unlimited access to your account making both local and international transactions.
Having define what internet banking is, let now discuss step by step guide on how to register internet banking with Gtbank.
Guaranty Trust Bank Internet Banking system which one of the first financial institution to initiate online banking in Nigeria, allows her customers in Nigeria and beyond, to conduct a range of financial transactions through the GTBank website, thereby making it easy for customers to access banking services anywhere and at any time without having to visit a branch office of GTbank.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR GT INTERNET BANKING
There are two methods in which you can open online banking with Gtbank which are online method and offline method.
I will try to discuss in detail the two methods and you can choose any method that is suitable and convenient for you.
- To get started, you have tovdownload Gtbank internet banking application and token request form
- Fill the form, scan it along with other required documents (valid ID, not older than 3 months utility bill & a passport photograph) and send to email@example.com.
- Wait for your application to be processed and if approved, your gtb internet banking user id and password will be emailed to you.
- If you didn’t receive login details, call gtbank customer care or visit gtbank website, click register and provide the require details or dial 7376*5# with your alertz number.
- Go to gtbank online banking login page and click on Login under internet banking.
- Go through the scam alert notice and click on the green image that says “Click here to login”.
- Input your user ID with your keyboard and password with the onscreen keyboard.
- Then click on Login to access your Gtb online banking dashboard.
this short video will guide you on online registration method
- To get started, visit any branch of gtbank closer to you with a valid ID and 1-3 months old utility bill.
- Collect and fill an internet banking and token request form.
- You may decide to purchase a token which is N2000 – 2500 Naira. Token is a digital device that randomly generates special numbers needed to make third party transactions.
- An average Nigerian hardly need a token, so you can go ahead with the registration without purchasing the token.
- Your login details will be emailed to you once your application has been approved.
- Visit Gtb online banking login portal and log-in with your UserID and Password
Some benefits of registering Gtbank internet banking today:
In addition to the fact that you can access and manage your account anywhere and at anytime, you can also enjoy the following benefits for internet banking:
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world.
- Manage Login Details: Change password, reset password and update your personal details.
- Bill Payments: PHCN bill, water bill and satellite tv (dstv, gotv, startimes, kwese, tstv etc) subscription.
- Funds Transfer: Inter and intra transfer of money locally and internationally.
- Online Services: Book hotel, pay for flights and visa fees.
- Check account balance, monitor transactions and print account statement.
- Manage Cheques: Request, confirm and stop cheques.
How To Get Gtbank Internet Banking User Id And Password
Your GTB internet banking ID and password will be sent to your email once your account has been profied for the service.
If you have not received your login details, please visit www.gtbank.com and click on the ‘’REGISTER’’ button on the internet banking tab or dial 7376*5# from your registered phone number with the bank.
Kindly note that the Password must be changed within 2 hours of receiving same.
How To Login To Gtbank Internet Banking
- Please visit www.gtbank.com and click on “Login” button if you want to sign in to GTB internet banking.
- You will be required to enter your GTB internet banking user id and password
- Type in the ID, use the keypad to enter your pasword, then click the “login” button.
If successfully logged in, you will see your GTBank internet banking dashboard where you can check your account balance, transfer money, pay bills etc.
5 PROVEN WAYS TO RETRIEVE FORGOTTEN GTBANK INTERNET BANKING LOGIN DETAILS
In case you eventually forgot your login Gtbank online details, don’t panic because you can retrieve your details with this 5 proven ways easily by answering the security question you setup during registration process.
The following are ways you can retrieve your login Gtbank online details:
- Calling customer care.
- Using Gtbank 737 service code.
- Texting gtb customer service.
- Visiting Gt internet banking Login Portal.
- Using gtbank website.
RETRIEVE GTB ONLINE BANKING LOGIN DETAILS BY CALLING GTCONNECT
- Dial 08039003900 to connect and follow the voice prompt.
- Select the option for obtaining login details.
- You will be transferred to a customer care agent who will ask for some personal details such as account number, dob, Phone number, Maidens Name etc.
- The agent will then transfer you back to a voice bot. But make sure you retrieve your user id from this agent.
- The voice prompt will ask you to enter your User Id follow by the # key, do so.
- It will then ask you to enter your password follow by the # key. Enter your preferred password.
- Finally, you will be asked to confirm your password and again follow by the # key.
- Log in to your dashboard using the ID you retrieve from the agent and the newly created password.
RETRIEVE GTBANK ONLINE LOGIN DETAILS WITH 737 SIMPLE BANKING CODE
Just Dial *7376*5# and follow the on-screen prompt to retrieve your gtb mobile/internet banking login details.
How to Obtain Gt Internet Banking Login Details By Text
- Text IBANK your NUBAN account number to 08076665555. For example text “IBANK 0121456789” to 08076665555.
- Your ID and password will be sent to your registered email address.
- Then navigate to gt-bank online banking sign in page to confirm it’s working.
Remember you can only use this method if you still have access to the email address registered to your gt bank account. You can always visit any branch to update your profile.
How to Retrieve Password & Answer to Security Question via Login Page
- Navigate to gtbank internet login portal.
- Click on retrieve password or security question and enter your user id.
- You will receive a mail containing your password or security answer.
How To Get Back Gt online sign in ID & Password via Gtbank.com
- Visit gtbank.com.
- Click on Register under internet banking.
- Provide your account number, required digits of your card, card expiry date, card pin and enter the captcha.
- Click on the continue button.
Your login details will be sent to your registered email address
HOW TO TRANSFER MONEY USING GTBANK INTERNET BANKING
With GTBank Internet banking, you can transfer money between your various accounts e.g. from current account to savings account; to any other GTBank account and to other Nigerian bank accounts.
Via the “Account Tranfer” tab on the sidebar, you can use the “Own account tranfer” link to transfer between your accounts. Right there, you will also see the links to transfer to another GTBank account and other banks (Instant).
You May LikeTo Read:How to Send money on Western Union made easy | step by step guide
If you have a GTBank dom account on your Internet banking profile, you can as well transfer US dollars to GTB and not gtb accounts via “FX Trasactions” tab
Kindly note that a transaction code will be needed to complete some transactions via GTB internet banking eg Transfer to any GTBank account, Transfers to other bank accounts etc.
You can generate those transaction codes by making use of Gt Token hardware or Gtbank ussd Token.
You can get a hardware token at any GTBank branch at a cost of N2,100 (VAT exclusive) OR dial 7377# for a USSD token. Each USSD session costs N10 OR via GTCONNECT (cost to be borne by customer) for NRN customers.
HOW PAY DSTV SUBSCRIPTION USING GTBANK ONLINE BANKING
- To get started, Visit gtbank.com
- Click on internet banking and login with your details provided to you at point of registration
- On the left side bar, click on Cable Tv
- Then click on select for DsTv/GoTv
- Click on the “Make New Payment ” tab
- Enter your smartcard number and choose the package you want to pay for
- You will then be redirected to the payment page confirm your transaction by entering the answer to your security question and your hard ware token generated character.
Your viewing should be renewed in less than 15 minutes. if it doesn’t text “RA Smart_card_number” to 30333.
In conclusion, GTBank Internet Banking provides you a world without limits. It is a robust channel designed with the state-of –the-art technology that gives you unlimited access to your accounts and allows you conveniently perform over 90% of your bank transactions online anywhere 24hours.
Do you use GTBank internet banking? Have any questions, contribution and recommendation? Use the comment box below and don’t forget to share this article with friends.