many people have been complaining about their money missing on western union. so i decided to do this article on how you can track your on western union money with or without MTCN
First what is MTCN? MTCN (money transfer control number) is a 10 digit code that is being assigned to every single money transfer you purchase,
An MTCN will be generated regardless of what Western Union service you’re using to transfer money. Whether you’re sending money online internationally to a bank account or from one of our agent locations to send cash to family and friends it’s important to keep your tracking number (MTCN).
You’ll need to tell your receiver the tracking number (MTCN) so they can pick up their money at one of our many agent locations. They’ll need to provide an approved form of ID along with the MTCN to prove that they are the legitimate receiver of the funds
However, if you misplaced or you can’t retrieve your money transfer control number (MTCN) which is a 10 digit code that is being assigned to every single money transfer you purchase, worry not because this article covers step by step guide on how to go aboit it. Stay clam your hard earned money has not disappear, so there’s nothing to worry about. Just follow through this article till the end.
What is Western Union? Like most people will ask
Western Union company is an American worldwide financial services and communications company, located in meridian, colorado, USA. It has been in the financial hub for more than 165 years with the sole aim of helping people to send and receive funds (money) all over the globe, pay bills,track your transfers online and many other things. They boast of being the most reliable and trusted medium to send and receive money worldwide at a faster rate.
Although, many people who have been scammed by sending money to the wrong people or to a internet fraudsters through Western Union channel
So this is a strict warning from Western Union
SOME POINT TO NOTE IN ORDER TO AVOID BEEN SCAMMED:
- Western Union money transfer service is a great way to send money to people you know and trust
- Never send money to a stranger using a money transfer service
- Don’t use money transfer service to pay for things like online auction purchases
- Never send money to pay for taxes or fees on foreign lottery winnings
- Never send a money transfer in the name of a friend or relative in order to delay payment of the transaction to someone you have not met personally
- Never send a money transfer in the name of a friend or relative with the intention of changing the name to someone you have not met personally
If you think you are a victim of fraud please call 1-800-448-1492 for your assistance.
Now let’s discuss how to track money on western union
STEPS ON HOW TO TRACK YOUR MONEY ON WESTERN UNION WITH MTCN
- Login to their official site at https://www.westernunion.com/global-service/track-transfer with your internet connected devices.
Go to “track a transfer” and a tab with where you have to track a transfer with your tracking number (MTCN) will open
2. Type in your transfer code (MTCN) a 10 digit reference code which is attached to the receipt of the task performed. Then click on “track a transfer or continue”. Now get ready to receive the whole information about your money transfer.
STEPS ON HOW TO TRACK YOUR MONEY ON WESTERN UNION TRACKING WITHOUT MTCN
Follow these steps by step guide to track Western Union money without your MTCN number.
Kindly be informed that you can track your Western Union fund without MTCN in two different ways namely: tracking of Western Union with phone number and tracking of Western Union by name
1. To track western union without MTCN with phone number click Here to take you to Western Union money transfer official site and then Identify if you are the sender of the money or receiver, then click on “don’t know the MTCN” tab as shown below
A new tab with two different options will open where you need to either select a track with phone number or tracking with a name
2. choose “transfer with a phone number” and type in your sender’s phone number, receivers country, amount sent and received and click on “continue”.
4. immediately you correctly filled in the correct information provided and click on continue, the details of your transactions or payment will appear on your screen.
Western Union Tracking By Name
For this methods, choose “sender and receiver name” and fill in the sender’s first and last name, receivers first and last name, receivers country and amount sent/received and type in “continue” as shown below
The details of your transactions or payment will appear.
To obtain better results with both of the aforementioned options, ensure that you enter the date of the transfer in the indicated spaces at the bottom of the “track a transfer page”. And if the option is unavailable for you, click on the + sign close to the add transfer date option provided.
You can also track bill payment with Western Union by clicking on the “bill payment” tab on the “track a transfer” page.
Fill in the sender’s country, phone number and amount to track the payment.
You will also be asked to provide the transfer data for good results.
How To Detect If A Western Union Money Order Was Cashed
In order to track your money successfully, you need to follow this step by step guide by
1: Call the Western Union automated help line or simply known as customer care on 1-800-999-9660
2: Pay attention to the automated menu prompts and select the option to check the status of a money order
3: Enter the 11-digit number on your money order when the need arrives. The number is located in the upper right corner of the Western Union money order record stub or above the barcode
4: Once you’ve successfully entered your 11 digit number, you will receive the date the money order was cashed
How to download the Western Union app
With an internet connected device, log on to https://corporate.westernunion.com/consumer-services. Scroll down to a box were you will see “download our app” under via WU app and click on the box to download.
Having read this article till the end, am sure you can now perform task on western union without fear of missing fund.
You May Also Want To
How long does Western Union take?
With Western Union, your recipient can collect the cash you send by: Cash pickup. Cash transfers sent online, by phone or in person are available for pickup within minutes at any number of agent locations worldwide. Transfers from your bank account can take one to three days to arrive.
Do you need an ID for Western Union?
When your receiver visits a participating Western Union® agent location to pick up the cash, he or she will need the 10-digit tracking number (MTCN), a photo ID, and the answer to the test question (if you provided one). Its a scam, or illegal
What kind of ID can you use for Western Union?
You can pick up the money at any Western Union agent location. You‘ll need to provide the following information: Your sender’s full name.
Primary IDs are:
For questions, observations and contribution comment below